mystery of the fished, part three
Tuesday, January 04, 2005


*part one* *part two*

This is all fishy business. With bad press and yet another theft, Detective Hobbes is even more grim to solve the case. This time, the theft was even more serious. A rare sapphire stone has been reported stolen from Mr. Richard Mole possessions, the richest philanthropist in the city.

Detective Hobbes was ushered in to Mr. Mole's study room, the crime scene. A quick look around showed that the break-in was through a small window about 2.5 meters from the floor. That narrows down the list to a few possible suspects. Bits of glass from the casing were scattered all over the floor.

'The precious stone was specially cut and engraved for my beloved wife. And now it's gone!', laments Mr. Mole.

'I'm sorry for your loss Mr. Mole. Tell me, how and when did you discover that the sapphire stone was stolen?', questioned Detective Hobbes.

'It was about 11.30am and me and my missus were celebrating her birthday. When I decided to come up to the study to take the sapphire stone to present it to my wife. Then I suddenly heard a crashing sound and quickly ran into the room. And right in the middle of the shattered glass was a huge ... err... huge something. I forgot my glasses and could only see a silhouette of something. And it flew away with my precioussss...', sobbed Mr. Mole.

'I made a leap at it but it flew away with such great speed and force that I only managed to grab this. Here...', Mr. Mole's paws trembled as he handed the blue feather to Detective Hobbes.

'If it's not for my failing sight, I could tell you more... But whatever it is or he... or she.. had fishy breath', cried Mr. Mole.

And all of a sudden, Detective Hobbes slapped his forehead indignantly. 'Of course! How could I be so blinded!! And so blatantly obvious as well', Detective Hobbes shouted.

'Don't worry, Mr. Mole. You'll have the precious stone before the day is out!', Detective Hobbes said with full confidence.

And with that, Detective Hobbes left the room in haste, evidence held tightly in paw.

----

As he was walking, the Detective bumped head on into someone. 'Ouch, am sorry, please excuse me. I'm in a great hurry', the Detective muttered.

'pssstt... it's me Detective. Ah've got somethin' to tell.. Ah swear wif ma tail that am tellin' yoo da truth', Mr. Long Tail whispered.

'I'm not going to be led around by your storytelling lies! Move out of the way or I promise I'll knock the daylights out of you, you ratty tail of a lizard!', Detective Hobbes growled at Long Tail.

'Oh ho... so yoo think that yoo smart because yoo finally figured out who and yoo being cocky about it eh?', mocked Mr. Long Tail.

'You have no business in this Long Tail, and you better scram before I choke you till you turn blue!', threatened the Detective.

'And da last thing yoo need is more bad publiseety and trouble. Ah know who yoo lookin' fer and ah can lead yoo right up to da culprit. And ah ask dis in return fer a leetle favour... a teeny favour... all fer the eschange fer a tip to yoo. Yoo know.. something to help speed up yer work eh, Detective?', said Long Tail slyly.

'Yoo think 'bout it... and yoo think 'bout it real hard. Ah got ma missus to take care off... wud ah risk it all if ah ain't got news to tell yoo?', Long Tail said temptingly.

'Ok, shoot. But if you lie just one more time, don't say I didn't show you any mercy', said the Detective begrudgingly.

'Ahh... not that easy... yoo gotta promise me yoo gonna return me da favour first. Or ah ain't tellin' yoo nothin', Long Tail eyed him suspiciously.

'grumble grumble... deal!', muttered the Detective.

'whisper whisper... ah was blackmailed... whisper whisper... ma wife was involved... whisper whisper... whisper whisper... and his hidey hole whisper whisper ...', said Long Tail in a hushed voice.

'And now yoo will keep yer end of promise??', said Long Tail.

'Once I have your tip off verified. Now scram', said the Detective.

Mystery of the fished, final partto be cont...


4:08 PM 0 comments hmm?


about me
while not snoozing...
i wish for...
friends
the house
wiggles
spoilt brat
where's the album
ferns
japanese girl in Malacca
13unnies
cammy boy back for awhile
little fei fei
little bee
big bee

previously on...
mystery of the fished, part two
Being together.
xmas gifts part 2
xmas gifts.
Stories I'd never forget
Lucky or Blessed?
Parroting lessons
Oh btw...
God, give us 'drive' but keep us from being 'driven'
Fish & Chip

archives
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008

credits
template by this girl | kathleen
copyright shirley hobbes 2007