mystery of the fished.
Saturday, November 27, 2004


My fishes have been disappearing... one.. by.. one.. lately. Detective Flakey Hobbes was hired to investigate.

After some sleuthing with a growling tummy, (while secretly eyeing on the fishes) detective Hobbes found paw prints and grey fur all over the aquarium. Two eyewitnesses who spoke under terms of anonymity said they overheard stinky Robby's pattering feet on the night before the last fish disappearance.

Mr. Long Tail and his missus had their testimony recorded at the police station.

Mr. Long Tail's testimony.
While me and mah missus wer havin' our rendezvous undah dah moonlit sky and her lookin' so prettylicious.. we wer cloz to smooching our tails off.. me sharp ears caught the sneaky pattering feet of dat dratted rat! He, dat Robby thot no one wuz aroun' bud hah! no sound escapes me ears. Tho ah ain't see him cuz of me failing sight, but me nose has nevah failed me. Ah could even smell him stinky fur from miles away. Am a retired goon mahself, ah speaks dah truth!

Missus. Long Tail's testimony.
Well uh uh, yoo heard mah hubby said. He ain't lie anymore, no sirree. he's been a good lizard.. uh huh, yoo check yer records yah and yoo see he's been clean fer years. But ah didn't see nothin' that night cuz ah was lookin' only into mah hubby's eyes. Ooh those eyes that first made me fell in lurve wif him.. ahhh... he sure is one Romeo.

As there were no other eyewitnesses, detective Hobbes pinned the blame on slittery Robby rat. Two burly cops were dispatched to haul Robby in. The search was over at the dumpsters on Ninth Avenue St. and Robby was caught with his pants down! (he was coincidentally doing his toilet business) As Robby refused to budge from the makeshift toilet tin can, the cops forcefully heaved everything into the jail van.

'I've been framed!! I DIN COMMIT ANY CRIME! This is injustice!! I've been framed! I don't even like eating fishes!' Robby screamed with all his might.

And with the culprit caught and awaiting sentence, the mystery has been successfully solved.

'Hee hee, that didn't take long. Now I can look forward to more catty treats, yum yum', detective Hobbes said while rubbing his tummy.

But the next day...

'Ahhhhh!!!! ... my prized fish is gone!!!', I screamed.

Detective Hobbes was called in again.

'What seems to be the problem my pretty lady?', yawned detective Hobbes.

'One of my fishes is missing this morning!! You better sniff out that dratted THIEF!', I screamed some more.

'Wha?? But that's impossible! Robby is in the lockup right now. I couldn't have make a mistake!', said wide eyed detective Hobbes.

'Well investigate further you useless furball!!', I screamed with a hoarse voice.

Mystery of the fished, part two to be cont...


9:44 AM 0 comments hmm?


about me
while not snoozing...
i wish for...
friends
the house
wiggles
spoilt brat
where's the album
ferns
japanese girl in Malacca
13unnies
cammy boy back for awhile
little fei fei
little bee
big bee

previously on...
phlegm in my brains.
Confessions of a metrosexual.
The indolent bear.
The mirror in the room.
Butt fat.
pooped.
the piglet.
Joshua Kadison
Lucky day.
Weekend discovery series - issue #091004

archives
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008

credits
template by this girl | kathleen
copyright shirley hobbes 2007