the day I dumped the boyfriend, part 2
Thursday, September 13, 2007


8.15pm
I really liked the deco, very French with long mirrors decorating the gold painted walls. The ambience was romantic with French music playing in the background. The name CafeCafe reminded me of the wacky Moulin Rouge play, Spectacular Spectacular that the cast were rehearsing in the movie. Anyway, Boon suddenly remembered leaving the camera in the car and went to get it. (Yup, he is that forgetful!). I stared at the Moulin Rouge poster until I heard the tinkle of the bell and when I looked up, he was walking in holding a huge red box. Yikes! Isn't this embarrassing enough already? So he sat down next to me and gave me an envelope. I opened it...



A Mr Wonka's golden ticket means an exclusive trip to his chocolate factory! No guessing what was in the red box!



Inside was the Quentin Blake cut-out of the famous factory complete with chimneys, fire exit staircase and the story characters which you'll need to painstakingly build following the instructions given in the book. I first saw it in Kino some months back but didn't thought of buying it because I know I would give up halfway through. So thoughtful of the boyfriend to get this for me knowing that I adore Roald Dahl more than anything else. It'll definitely go well with my collection of Roald Dahl books. And yes, today so happens to be Roald Dahl's birthday. Happy Birthday Mr Dahl. I just wanted to let you know that you've been a huge inspiration to me!

Well, the boyfriend said there were no more surprises and then the buns came and we got down to business chomping away. Next came the starters, can't really remember what it's called but there were four huge prawns in cheesy sauce. Next came the seafood spaghetti and duck confit which all tasted really good. I would recommend this place but it's strictly for lovebirds and not for business chatter. And then we ordered their tiramisu which was slightly drenched in alcohol. We each took the first bite and then the boyfriend popped the question.

So you've got the golden ticket, aren't you gonna visit the factory?
Oh... yeah I should huh? (Sigh, trust him to interrupt my glorious moment with the tiramisu)


And then he open the box and I began exploring the factory. He showed me the cut-out characters and the details of the factory. And then he lifts the roof up from one of the factory and fishes out a stack of paper cards. I was already blushing by then because the message on the first card reminded me of our earlier days of our courtship. And so I flipped through each of the message cards, laughing at the silly things he wrote in them.

The last card had only one message. A question mark.

I panicked. He panicked. I wouldn't look at him. No! the boyfriend had to ruin this perfect night. That's just so stupid. I wasn't going to forgive him for this.

to be continued...


11:00 PM 1 comments hmm?


about me
while not snoozing...
i wish for...
friends
the house
wiggles
spoilt brat
where's the album
ferns
japanese girl in Malacca
13unnies
cammy boy back for awhile
little fei fei
little bee
big bee

previously on...
the day I dumped the boyfriend, part 3
growing up in the 80s
gold ribbon
swinging bunny
Appreciating children picture books
Negaraku
good and bad news
Gedo Senki
Harry Potter 7 resurrected
A great time at Kinokuniya

archives
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008

credits
template by this girl | kathleen
copyright shirley hobbes 2007