the day I dumped the boyfriend, part 1
Thursday, September 13, 2007


Today has been a whirlwind of emotions.

8.00am
Reached the office, my reporting boss was early too. Fishy. Very fishy. Well, went to the warehouse to get books, chit chat with the sales guys, selected more books for an upcoming event, ran around getting my documents ready, today was the day I set to make the rounds to see my media contacts.

12.00noon
The boss called her marketing team into her room. She simply said, "I have tendered my resignation". (Ah no wonder she was in early... to print her resignation letter!) Her three little lambs were dumbfounded, shocked, our mouths mimicked a huge O. How could that be? Who will lead the blind sheep? After much sharing and teary eyes, we went for lunch. Life still goes on, she said.

1.20pm
Lugging bags of books into the car, we're going to have a busy afternoon. Well, we made the rounds to the newspapers with books for review, chit chatted awhile before my soon-to-be-ex-boss told us that the CEO would like to talk to her. We rescheduled an evening appointment and drove all the way to Subang Parade to meet the CEO. They chatted while the three of us sat around pondering our future. 5pm came and we decided to leave, our colleague had to break fast and Boon was already waiting to pick me after work. So we said goodbye and plodded back to the office in the evening traffic jam.

5.45pm
Boon was already waiting for me at the bus stop. I broke the news to him and told him that I was mentally exhausted and let's keep tonight's date quick and simple. Today was after all, our 3rd year anniversary of being together. He smiled and said, ok.

6.30pm
Reached home, lied down on my bed mumbling incoherently while the boyfriend grinned like a fool, I really wanted to sleep with a pillow over my head. But I guess not, today is supposed to be a happy day, three years of being together warrants some sort of celebration. So I dragged my lazy butt off my bed to take a shower while the boyfriend stole some 40 winks, still grinning like an idiot.

7.15pm
We're both clean and dressed (him in a shirt and me in a skirt, he insisted!) and we're heading to Sakae for our dinner date. Got into the car, the boyfriend asked me to open the glove compartment. Hey!, it's that petite box of Hello Kitty puzzles that I wanted. How imaginative, especially after he nonchalantly asked me which design I wanted two days ago. Oh well, at least he got me something because I didn't. (I didn't know what to getla, besides we're saving up for the house!)



Somewhere along the way the boyfriend...

Dear, guess what?
What?
(should I try the sukiyaki or softshell crab?)
Muaks
Mm, muaks (maybe I should try something else, dum-dum-dum)
...
Muuakk...
Mm... mua... hey! where are you heading to??


The boyfriend was already on the way heading to KL instead of The Curve.

Heehee... and you really thought I'd take you to Sakae for our anniversary dinner? Sushi isn't romantic you know.
But I wanted to eat sushi! Besides we agreed not to splurge. No wonder you muak me just now...
(hmmphh stupid boyfriend!)
...
So where are we going? KLCC? Revolving restaurant? Dowanla... expensive!
Noler... you won't guess it! But I hope you'll like the place because I'm going to fly you to Paris. I take you eat tai chow! Very nice one.
(Grumble, grumble) Okla... (and tai chow is apparently romantic, cheh! Aiye, three years with this fella and this is what I'm getting, sigh better than nothing la)

After several wrong turns, we arrived at the dinner spot. The tai chow place was like any tai chow place back in PJ. I want my sushi! So he parked his car at some seedy-looking car park and we walked over puddles to reach the place.

Tadaa!
Hey! this isn't the tai chow place! I got tricked again!
(Eeee... stupid boyfriend!)

And so we walked into CaféCafé, a nice romantic Parisian restaurant.

(Aiyo, now he's making me all shy and sheepish. Fine dining isn't really me. Maybe the tai chow place was better! I hope he's got nothing more surprises up his sleeve!)

So we occupied a table in a dark corner and since I was still very much shy, he ordered the food and I said I needed a glass of beer. Gulp! in case there are more surprises to come.

... to be continued...


11:10 PM 0 comments hmm?


about me
while not snoozing...
i wish for...
friends
the house
wiggles
spoilt brat
where's the album
ferns
japanese girl in Malacca
13unnies
cammy boy back for awhile
little fei fei
little bee
big bee

previously on...
the day I dumped the boyfriend, part 2
the day I dumped the boyfriend, part 3
growing up in the 80s
gold ribbon
swinging bunny
Appreciating children picture books
Negaraku
good and bad news
Gedo Senki
Harry Potter 7 resurrected

archives
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008

credits
template by this girl | kathleen
copyright shirley hobbes 2007